Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Potty Training ... Update

I haven't had a whole lot to write about these days. It has been same old same old here in the Jackaroo World. He still doesn't seem to need as much sleep as the rest of us human beings... namely me. Most days he goes full steam from 6 am until about 8:30 pm without stopping much. How he does it, I will never know. I keep trying to come up with stuff to do that might wear him out enough to just sit, but haven't found much that will do that. A day of school, playing, an hour walking, and another hour riding his bike doesn't seem to phase the kid. Man do I feel sorry for his Pre-K teacher when he is 4 years old and getting him to take the required nap everyday. Maybe I should warn her?

The other big thing going on is the potty training, otherwise known as "The Major Frustration" in our house. Somedays I think he is about 75% daytime trained, then there comes days like yesterday where he just didn't seem to care that he peed in his underwear 3 times. I have started to venture out of the house with him wearing underwear with a little bit of success. The other day we were gone for about 4 hours and he stayed dry the entire time and went to the bathroom at Barnes and Noble. And yes, I bribed the kid with the Salty train that I bought him that day. It was pretty funny watching him trying to decide which train he wanted. It came down to Diesel and Salty and I swear he took 10 minutes trying to decide. Important things these trains are to the boy. However, I do know that I am going to go bankrupt getting this kid potty trained.

I just have to remember that he will get it and it will be another milestone that he passed, just like crawling and walking and talking. Just those things were fun to watch him learn. Going potty in his underwear and the subsequent clean up is not so much fun. Sigh.

No comments: