Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Stuff and Thoughts

** We are coming down from the 3-day celebration that was known as Jack's birthday. Between the birthday party on Saturday night and his cupcake party at school yesterday, I do believe the kid had a good birthday.

** I need to get the thank you notes out. I should do that today. I really should.

** I need to call the health insurance company that we finally are on after Jim switched jobs. Hate dealing with that kind of stuff. But all they gave us was the prescription card, no other information regarding doctors, what is covered, or anything. Hate doing that stuff. Hate it. I should do that today. I really should.

** I have been trying to figure out what to do with the boy today. We might go to the Discovery Center or to the library story time or to the train store (Barnes and Nobel), or just to the cool toddler playland area at Chik-a-filet. Who knows.

** If it were up to me, I would stay home and clean my filthy house and do some more painting since the hallway and dining room still need to be painted. But having a certain 3-year-old around makes those jobs downright difficult or impossible.

** I also need to do our taxes. Ugh. Even though I am pretty sure we will be getting a good refund, I just haven't gotten up the courage to do them, nor the time. Again, the 3-year-old issue gets in the way.

** Are we bad parents, if we didn't the boy anything for his birthday yet? I figure he got a ton of stuff at his party and he hasn't missed out on anything. Maybe we will go to the toy store today and let him pick out something. I was thinking of a t-ball setup. Ya know for the practice when those games start up soon. Or maybe the little piano that he sat down at the other day and started playing like a little expert. Even the lady in the store said he was a natural. But again, where are we going to put it?

** Alright, I really need to get into the shower so I can get going and do at least one of the things on my list. Oh yeah and Jack is asking me to "fix" the wheels on his trains with the imaginary screwdriver. I best be getting to that job too.

No comments: