Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Sunday, March 11, 2007

New Look

As you can see, I have again changed the look here at the Jackaroo World. I have been really wanting to sit down and change it up, but the time thing with the toddler thing with the projects-to-do-around-the-house thing just has made it difficult to do. But yesterday while the child watched the Thomas video for the 9 millionth time, I worked on my blog.

I added some pictures over on the sidebar. The first is a picture of a sunrise also known as dawn. Hehe my name is Dawn. Get it. Hehe.

The other pictures are stuff that are important to me. The first is coffee. I think I have explained my love of the dark liquid. Yeah I like coffee. In fact, I think I need to go get a cup right now. Be right back.

Alright back. Thanks for waiting. Ahhhh. Yummy. Anyway, the next picture is books. And well my love for books is right up there with my love for coffee. You can just imagine my high that I get when I walk into a Barnes and Noble. Whoever came up with the idea of putting Starbucks together with B&N, I just have one word. Genius. Pure Genius. So yeah, I love books. Any books. I love to just be surrounded with them. I love the thrill of opening a book to find out what adventure or knowledge is inside. Ahhhh. Love em.

The next picture down is a magnolia flower that comes from the magnolia tree. It is the state flower of Mississippi. We had a pathetic little magnolia tree planted in our yard in California that I am pretty sure the new owners tore down. Jim planted it to remind himself of Mississippi and I now understand why he did that. While I have only been here a few months, I have come to love Mississippi. It is beautiful. You have the beautiful coast with the white sandy beaches down here. But you also have the beautiful country up north with the green trees and rivers and lakes. So I guess I am little bit Mississippi now.

And the last picture is a picture of an abbey in Kilmore, Ireland. It is located in County Wexford on the southern tip of Ireland. It is a fishing village mostly with a lot of tourism today. And it is also where my ancestors come from on my father's side. It is where my grandmother's father was born (I guess that would make him my great grandfather) and emigrated to the US in 1849. My great grandfather was the baby of the family that emigrated to the US and somehow found their way to Marshall, Michigan to settle. It has been fun journey researching the ancestory with my father. So I had to put that picture up there also.

So a little bit of me on the website dedicated to my little guy, Jackaroo.

1 comment:

Steffie B. said...

Oh yes.....I like it! ;)