Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Sleep? What is that?

I think the travel day on Thursday made the boy really tired. Yesterday, he was really really needing a nap and went down about 1:30 in the afternoon. I thought it was early enough in the day that it would not affect his sleep time at night. HA. Wrong. In fact, the boy slept three whole hours and did not wake up until almost 5 pm. I tried to wake him up several times before that, but to no avail. He just was not getting up period. At one point, I shook him a bit and he opened an eye, rolled over and muttered something about wanting to sleep. So I gave up.

When 8:00 came around last night, I really tried to get him to go to sleep. In fact, I really NEEDED him to go to sleep because I was fighting sleep myself at that time. Jim was working last night, so it was just half-asleep me and the very wide-awake boy. After bathtime, he ran around in circles all over the house for a good hour. Then he decided it was time to decorate the family room with every single train, car, truck, and tractor that he owns. He was going full steam until 10:30 last night! And I was sitting in the chair literally nodding off. Finally at 10:30, I was granted a reprieve and the boy fell asleep and then 30 seconds later, I was in my nice cushy bed.

Then 5:30 this morning, I hear "MAMA. MAMA Are You There?" I said to myself out loud, "he is sooo not awake". But sure enough, he was. He had gone poopies all over the bed and himself, which required a full change of clothes and sheets. Yay. Love that at 5:30 in the morning.

At 8:30, I RAN out of the house and left Jack and Jim alone so I could go to my bible study at the church. It was the first time in two weeks that I was away from the boy and I NEEDED the time. Thank you Jim for staying awake another couple of hours so I could do that. Now, I am not sure what we have in store for the day. We are supposed to be having some big rain storm today, so getting out of the house isn't very appealing to me. Who knows, we may end up at Barnes and Noble playing at the train store or something. Or the free petting zoo (Petsmart). Or it may just be a very long day of playing trains and cars and tractors. Sigh.

3 comments:

Steffie B. said...

Oh yes....I can relate! Gross on the poopies! Hopefully tomorrow is a better day! ;)

-LGirl- said...

You mean you had something better planned at 5:30 am!LOL!

Ugh.

RB said...

We had the same problem last night. Ack. I am blaming amoxicillin.