Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Monday, January 07, 2008

Back to Normal

I call today the "Back to Normal" day every year. The first Monday after the New Year. All the Christmas stuff is torn down and packed up. I don't know about ya'll but Christmas and New Years is very exhausting, even if it is a great time spent with family.

So today was the first day back to school for Jack. I thought it was quite amusing that about half of his class were outside in the hall crying because they did not want to go back to school. Yeah that was so not Jack. He walked in as usual, gave Mrs. Nix a huge hug and promptly forgot that I was there. The usual routine. I know there are kids out there who are not ready for school everyday, but I think Jack was born ready to go to school. He absolutely loves it. And the amount that he is learning flabbergasts me everyday. He now knows all his letters, numbers, colors and he can sound out some words. I think he will be reading by this time next year. Truly amazing how much they can learn in three or four short years.

Anyway, it is great to be back to normal. Laura is with us for one more week as she has a modified year-round school in California. She gets four weeks off at Christmas time. She will be back in March for spring break and then will be back in July for about a month. She is one lucky little girl because her grandmother and step grandfather are taking her to Israel for two weeks when she gets out of school. I am sure that is a place I will never be able to go to, so it is a pretty special opportunity for her.

And as I always do in January, I am back on the health kick again. I went and walked two miles this morning and will be up to three to four miles very soon. I am also trying to get in shape for those long walking days at Disney. Yay! We leave in 22 days! Can't wait.

1 comment:

Mrs. R said...

You made me smile! And glad to know you saw the pic's of Buddy on the other blog!! So your the family member reading the dang thing!! ha, ha