Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Monday, January 21, 2008

A Future Tiger

This afternoon after Jim went to bed to get a nap before he has to go to work tonight, I decided to take Jack out for a little bit to run some errands and just waste some time while Daddy was sleeping. So after a stop to get gas, we went to Petsmart to pick up some doggie food and to go to the free petting zoo. (oh as a side note, can I just complain about how utterly fast $100 can disappear between filling the van up and buying a bag of dog food?!? absolutely ridiculous!) We of course were in there with every other parent in the area trying to entertain their kids on this school holiday day. But Jack had fun looking at the fishies and the hamsters.

So then we went next door to the sports store where I wanted to check out athletic capris which were 50% off to take with me to Disney. And while in the store, Jack just HAD to go play in the golfing section. They have a little putting green there and to say that the boy loves all things that is golf would be a huge huge underestimate. Seriously, he could look at golf clubs for 30 minutes with total concentration. So I let him pick up the little putter that was there just his size and I have to say the kid is a total natural in the game of golf. He holds the club like he is a pro and can putt like pro. This kid put all five balls into the hole, one right after another. And then he wanted me to try it, Ha! I picked up a putter and of course missed the hole. And what did my loving son say at the top of his voice for half the store to hear? "I am better than you Mama!" Yep Yep my almost-four-year-old son is better at golf than I could ever hope to be.

And yes, you better believe I was looking at the kids golf clubs. I tell ya'll, I need to get in touch with Tiger.

No comments: