Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Time Flying By

I am so not ready to leave in less than two days for Disney. Actually it is in 38 hours that we are hopefully packing the van and leaving and I have soooooooo many things to do, it is just sad. I really really need to clean my house because there is no way that I am letting my neighbors come in to take care of our animals the way it looks right now. I also need to do laundry and pack up Jack and I, or I should say repack Jack's suitcase after he made an attempt to pack it himself yesterday. He was so funny because he heard me talking about packing suitcases and he hurried to his closet to grab his suitcase and "packed" his stuff. I had to laugh when I saw what was packed. He got into the lower drawer of his dresser, which has all the old clothes that I have saved from the past four years. So among the things he "packed" was his pumpkin costume from his first Halloween, the pair of loafers that no longer fit him, a onesie from when he was a baby, and a stuffed animal. He came into my bedroom to proudly show me that he had packed for Disney and I just had to laugh at him. Yeah he's ready alright. But I am not.

However, I can't really do anything to help me get ready right now because my poor husband is sleeping from working an 18-hour shift last night because they were looking for escaped prisoners and the most sleep he will get before he has to go to work again tonight is about 4 hours. So I really don't want to do laundry or clean the house and I can't pack because it would disturb him. So Jack and I are "having quiet time" and watching Peter Pan and counting down the hours until we hit the road.

1 comment:

-LGirl- said...

That's too funny Jack already packs like a man!
Counting the hours indeed! I am excited for you!!