Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Friday, January 25, 2008

Every Little Penny

For the past year and a half, we have been saving our spare change in a big jug for our next vacation. I should say that mostly Jim has been doing this as he is about the only one who carries any kind of cash and I mainly use the debit card for everything. He also would throw in dollar bills every now and then and even a $20 bill went in there.

Today was the day to cash it all into real money for our Disney trip. And the total that it came up to was over $275!!! That will be our mad money to be spent ... well madly. I even told Jack that he could have $5 each day we were in the parks to spend on whatever he wanted, which made him go get his little play wallet he has to put the money in. Of course I had to tell him he couldn't actually get the money until we got to Disney and of course, that prompted the "Buuuuttttt Mmmmmooooommmmm" complaint.

I also bought a book all about Disneyworld with all kinds of pictures. We have been studying this book like it is something sacred in this house. He will go and get the book and crawl up into my lap and we have to again go through the whole book talking about all the different rides, shows, and things to do. And I am just savoring every minute of this because I really believe that Disney at the age of four is just about the most magical thing in the world. I can not wait to see it all through his eyes.

4 comments:

-LGirl- said...

I don't know how you can contain yourself. we are only beginning to plan I am sooo excited I am getting poor Qgirl riled up as well!lOL! You are going to have a blast!!!
How long are you going to be there for?

Jack's Mom said...

I guess it helps that we made a spur of the moment decision about a month ago to go, so as not to endure months of anticipation. Or maybe that is part of the fun of it all.

We are only going for 3 days in the parks, 4 nights. Short and sweet.

Anonymous said...

FUN! How long is the drive and are you using the dining plan? It seems like a pretty good deal.

Jack's Mom said...

It is about 550 miles or about 9 or 10 hours. We are leaving early early early Tuesday morning.

I would use the dining plan if it were available. Even though we are staying on site, the Shades of Green resort is now owned by Disney (owned by the military) so therefore the dining plan is not available to us. It does sound like a good deal especially considering we will probably spend $75 at Chef Mickeys.