Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Disney Planning

So I woke up this morning feeling better than yesterday's coma that I was in, which is a good thing because of all that I have to do. Since today is payday, I get to go get groceries to last us the 12 days until we go to Disney. The trip will probably take almost the entire time Jack is at school between the shopping, filling the van, driving home, and the putting away of said food to sustain us 12 days. I hate grocery shopping! Ugh.

I have been researching our trip to Disneyworld. Seriously ya'll, I had no idea there were so many sites dedicated to people talking about their Disney trips. Geesh. All the advice out there is overwhelming. And even though we went to Disneyland lots and lots of times when we were in California, Disneyworld is a whole nother animal in itself. We got reservations at Chef Mickeys. Hopefully Jack will be more accepting of the characters and NOT try to ignore them and pretend they don't exist when they come by like he did last time. I really think he is going to get the whole magical experience that is Disney this time. When we were there before, he was 2 1/2 and he was just a bit young to soak it all up. He also is 40" tall, which means he can ride a lot of the bigger type rides. Of course, we will have to start out small and work our way up. But I think he will do fine on the Big Thunder ride because it is a choo choo.

All the planning that is involved, even for a short 3-day visit, is mounumental. We are staying in the Shades of Green resort, which is the resort on-site for military families. It is about 1/3 the price of the regular resort prices and no taxes. No way we could afford the other on-site resorts. We are not taking the famous Disney stroller that we bought just for Disneyland in California, but renting the strollers there. The main reason is that Jack has totally outgrown that stroller and barely can fit his behind in it. So because we won't have the luxurious huge basket of storage, I am now trying to figure out what people take to the park without all the storage. Even though I hate the look of them, I did end up ordering a fanny pack for myself and I may just order one for Jack if I knew he would wear one. Yeah right. At least mine is in a cute pink.

Jack is getting so incredibly excited about Disneyworld. We have begun the countdown of days until we leave. Of course, I really don't think he has a clue that it involves a 10-hour drive to get there. We have been online looking at all the rides in the different parks and he sits on my lap telling me that he wants to see this one and that again. It is so much fun to experience these things through their eyes. Of course, I am hoping that we are picked for their year of million dreams. I was looking at their giveaways and it all looks good. Shoot, I would be happy for a free pair of ears.

Anyway, that's what happening in the Jackaroo World. Now I am off to grocery shop. Ugh.

2 comments:

Mrs. R said...

Hey Dawn...let me know if I can help you "research" Disney...we've been in the Orlando area for the last 5 years...And have learned a few things from our travels. You'll all have a great time!!

Steffie B. said...

have a great time.....we are looking at buying a condo in the Orlando area.....guess we figure we might be spending a lot of time there with all of our kiidos that we seem to be accumlating! lol