Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Monday, January 14, 2008

Bye Bye Sissy

Well we had to say goodbye to Laura again yesterday as she went back to California. It was really sad and Jack did not take it too well. He loves her soooo much, he practically worships the ground she walks on. It is really neat that they are so close and she is really good with him. They will play together for hours building forts and pretend play. I think it is really great that she, as a 12-year-old girl, will sit and play with her little 3-year-old brother.

I can't say that everything between her and I was perfect. That step-mother/step-daughter relationship is very hard at times. I admit when I see her acting like her mother, I do get angry. Or the things she says that her mother says, angers me to no end. And I do show it. But by the end of her stay, I feel we were back on track. I really do want us to be close friends and I just have to remember what it is like to be 12 again. Yuck. It is such a hard age, especially for a girl, and especially for a girl whose life is split between two completely different households.

I am very grateful that Jack is a boy and I really don't have to worry about (hopefully) all the things that you have to worry about with a girl. She is at that age where she wants to wear the sexy clothes and her father and I are constantly telling her to change her clothes. I don't understand how her mother can let her wear these clothes. Literally there was one day when she was wearing such a low cut top that half her bra was showing. Literally half the bra cup was exposed and she didn't think anything of it!

So hopefully she will be back out in a couple months for her spring break and just mentioning that fact to Jack seemed to perk him up a little bit. I told him that we would color Easter eggs with Sissy and now he is all excited about that.

In other news, Jack's school is having their Spirit Week this week where they get to wear crazy things all week long, instead of their usual uniforms. Of course, this effects the high school grades more than the K3 classes. I completely forgot that today was Crazy Hair Day until I got there and saw all the blue hair everywhere. But not to be left out, Jack did have crazy hair today because I was too lazy to try to get his stubborn thick hair to lay flat. So he went to school with his hair sticking straight up and hey it's all good!!!

No comments: