Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Amazing 5 hour nap

Yay today was my day off. I am already missing my Mondays off also, but the pay is gonna keep us out of the poor farm so that is a good thing. But I was all set to have a really fun time with Jack today. Last night I was sooo tired and all I could think about when I was coming home from work was how many hours until I could go to sleep. So of course of all nights, Jack picks last night to be wide awake at 9:00. I tried to put him down at 7:30 his normal bedtime, but he just laid there and laughed his little head off and then when I turned to leave his room he screamed his little head off. So instead of me going to bed at 7:30 which I really really wanted to do, I was up with a wide awake Jackaroo. He did finally go down about 9:15 thank heavens. But that gets me back to today. I had planned to go out and hit up the library story time and check out some children's books and just have a fun day with my little boy. But Jack had another plan. He woke up this morning at 5:30 in the grumpiest mood he's been in a very long time and proceeded to get even grumpier. So I figured at 7:30 he needed to go back to bed, but nope he was too grumpy to go down. So we played with toys, or I should say I played with toys while he sat and was his little grumpy self watching me. At 8:30 I put him back in his crib and shut the door. Of course he started crying but that didn't last too long and the boy was thankfully and mercfully sleeping again. Now usually his morning nap is like about one or two hours long, so I was thinking he would be up around 10:00 and we could head out. The boy slept for 5 hours! He didn't wake up until 1:30 in the afternoon. And let me tell you that was sooo weird. I mean I had time to do laundry, vacuum, clean the kitchen, surf the internet and then around noon I was wondering what to do with myself. I mean I can't remember having 5 whole hours to myself since having Jack! What a weird feeling.

On another front, the weather here has been absolutely fabulous. And I know that some of you are reading this from cold and snowy places and I feel for you, I really do. But today it was in the 80's. After Jack finally woke up, I went to the post office and the grocery store in shorts and a t-shirt. And when daddy got home, we all went for a walk, including the dogs. What a nice change from the torrential downpour we had not too long ago.

And I know I promised more pictures. The problem is I just can't seem to get a good picture of the boy these days. I mean he will not stop moving and all the pictures I do take usually have the back of Jack as he is crawling away, or half a Jackaroo face as he is distracted by something that is not the camera. I mean seriously I probably deleted 15 pictures today. But I will try, I promise!

No comments: