Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Friday, January 07, 2005

Was it really 1 year ago?

It was 1 year ago today that Jim and I went to get the 4D ultrasound done. I remember being so excited about this because as soon as I found out about these amazing ultrasounds when I was newly pregnant, I knew I had to do it. So the time finally came to see our Jackaroo up close and personal. Of course, Jack wouldn't cooperate even back then. He was moving so much that we couldn't get really good pictures. Even back then, he wouldn't sit still and I remember having this feeling of things to come. Even the ultrasound tech said that he was "one active baby". Sure enough, he can't sit still today.

It just amazes me how in 1 year he can go from these pictures in the womb to the Jackaroo that we all love and cherish today. What a year!

I almost posted the picture of what I looked like on that day, but I am not ready for the entire world to see that. Very scary!

In other news... Jack said another word today. He now says "ki ki" for kitty. So he now has in his vocabulary mama (which he mainly says when he's angry, nice to know he thinks of me when he's angry) and he has said dada a few times and ki ki. I could of sworn that he said apple the other day, but I might of imagined the whole thing. Who knows.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Ohmygosh, I was all over the 4-d ultrasound too. It was AMAZING. We got lucky with some INCREDIBLE face pictures. It's so just... WOW to see how far our babies have come in only 10 months!

I can't believe Jackaroo is saying kitty! That's great! When Benjamin eventually decides to actually try and say words (not anytime soon, I'm thinking) I'm betting kitty is among the first. He LOVES our kittycats. I can't say that they feel the same way though. :\

Jack's Mom said...

Erin, I saw your 4D pics and I admit I was jealous. We just could not get Jack to settle down and they even let us come back the next week and try again for free and he was worse that time! I was hoping for those crystal clear pictures like they show on their advertising brochures. But it was an amazing experience. I just can't believe it was a whole year ago!