Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Friday, January 21, 2005

What a weird day

Today was just a plain weird day, no other way to explain it. The day started off by finding out that I had no daycare at 7:00 this morning. Mam had to take her mother to the hospital and I really hope that everything worked out okay with that today. My backup daycare is my friend Janet who is about 20 miles out of my way, but she's somebody I trust with Jack. However, she was not available today. So I was faced with a dilemma. I called my boss on his cell phone and explained my problem and he told me that I could bring the boy into the office. Now for those who have 10 month olds, you all know how easy (NOT) to do anything with them around, let alone get any work done. But since the entire office has been out sick this week, I really needed to go in - baby and all. So Jack and I went in and he was actually a lot better than I thought he was. He sat in his stroller for a couple hours and played with post-it notes, file folders, and anything else he could get his hands on from my desk. Then he actually fell asleep and took a nap for about an hour and after he woke up, I decided I had enough and left about 2 hours early.

The other thing that happened this morning as I was trying to decide how to solve my daycare problem was the cat decided to bring a LIVE gopher into the house. We have a doggie/kitty door installed mainly for the dogs to come and go as they want so I don't have to watch for the 10 second "sign" that they need to do their business and if I missed it, well they would do their business inside. So the doggie door has helped in that regard. However, it has now opened up the possibilities of having all kinds of critters in our house. So I am in the kitchen trying to feed Jack and I look up and see something move across the family room floor and yes it was a gopher who was absolutely terrified. I never thought that gophers could have expressions, but this one had an expression of terror. Kinda sad. The cat was playing with him and batting him all over the place. Then he proceeded to kill the poor gopher right there in front of my eyes (nice) and thought he would have a tasty treat. Well after running all over the house after the damn cat with the gopher in its mouth, I finally was able to grab the feline with said gopher in mouth and threw them out the door. So yes there was a murder in my family room this morning. Gross Gross Gross.

And for those who have been on the look out for new pictures, yes I do have new pictures. They were taken this morning when Jack was sleeping. He looked so precious, I couldn't resist. Enjoy.

No comments: