Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Dr. Phil and Train Wrecks

Because I have the most wonderful and caring husband in the world, he arranged for us to go to a taping of the Dr. Phil show today. They said that we had to be there between 7:30 and 8:30 in the morning. The show gets taped in Hollywood about 75 miles away and after 6 years of living in California, I had never been to Hollywood (gasp). So we drop Jack off at daycare at 5:30 (thank you Pat for taking him so early!) and head there. We think that 2 hours to get there should be good. But however, this is LA and the rule is that you must not average more than 20 miles an hour ever.

We also chose the day to go to LA when there was a deadly Metro train crash. Some stupid idiot who thought that he would kill himself by parking his SUV on the train tracks, but instead jumped out at the last minute thereby saving himself. But ended up killing at least 10 and probably more and injuring hundreds more. Seriously, this crash was horrible and I truly hope that they charge that stupid idiot with all those people's murder. Those poor people were just on their way to work and then this happens. You just never know when the next instant is going to change your life forever like that.

Anyway, back to Dr. Phil. So because of the train crash and well LA being LA (yes I hate LA) we did not show up at Paramount Studios until 8:35. And well, yes Jim and I are also idiots. We show up at the parking garage and the attendant is there to gather $5 from us for parking and lo and behold neither one of us has any cash! I had a $1 bill and we were seriously scrounging through the change drawer to pay for the stupid parking. We hardly ever carry cash with us these days since ATM is everywhere. That will teach us huh!

So we get parked and of course it is raining. That means that I will have "rained on hair" for national tv (yay!). We run across the street and get all signed in. They take our cell phones away from us (who knew?) and say we can get them back after the show. Then we are ushered into the audience waiting area for about 30 minutes. Guess we didn't have to rush after all. And at this point, we have no idea what the topic of the show is going to be. I went to the restroom and of course they have like 4 stalls and there is a line out the door. Then when I got inside the bathroom, it felt so like junior high. All the women were primping in front of the mirror. I swear I had flashbacks to junior high dances and all the girls in the bathroom getting ready.

Then we get seated in the studio and of course we get the very back row on the right side of the studio. But it was cool - it looked just like on tv. Go figure. Then the people come out whose job it is to get the audience all revved up. And oh yeah did I also mention that the studio is like 60 degrees! I mean my teeth were chattering.

So then the show starts, and the topic is In-Law Intervention. It was about this family where the two mothers in law are actually totally witches but with the b. They were constant fighting and it was actually pretty funny in a few places and very interesting. It was pretty fun experience all in all.

Then we went to the Chinese Mann Theatre and walked the hall of fame. Saw the stars on the sidewalk, had some lunch and headed home. Pretty fun day. But my heart goes out to those poor people on the train and their families.

In the Jack news department - Jack has a pretty bad diaper rash. He has been relatively lucky regarding the diaper rashes until this one. But the poor little thing was screaming everytime he would go pee pee in this diaper. And the diaper rash stuff I have is not cutting it. I think I need to go get some Butt Paste (yes it really is called that for those not in the know about such stuff.)

So that was my day and yay I get to go back to work tomorrow.

No comments: