Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Thursday, January 13, 2005

Work and Vacations

I am working 4 days a week again starting next week. In some ways I am happy about it because then it means a significant amount of money increase in the monthly budget. But I have gotten used to spending that extra day with my little Jackaroo. I really like spending the days with him when it is just him and I. I feel like we really bond during those times. And even though I know he won't remember these days when he gets older, I just want him to know that his mommy will always be there for him. But at the same time, I do enjoy my job and the company I work for is undergoing a major expansion and it is exciting to be a part of the growth. So I am torn between wanting to spend more time with my little guy, making more money, and challenging myself in my career. I guess it is all part of being a mother. We are torn in too many directions.

On another front, we have decided to take Jack with us on a cruise in April. We had booked this cruise about 6 months ago and kinda thought at the time that we would go without Jack and leave him with family or close friends. But when I actually sat down and thought about being apart from my little guy for 10 whole days, I just couldn't do it. I mean I can't wait to rush out of the office to go pick him up from daycare and that is just after 8 hours! So he is coming with us and now that we have made the decision, I am getting really excited to take him. I know it is going to be harder with all the baby gear we need to take, but I really can't wait to see him charming all the fellow passengers on the ship. As soon as we decided that Jack was going, my mind was in overdrive making lists of what to pack and buy. In about 3.2 seconds, I figured I needed about 50 diapers so therefore 1 package of 54 should do and for baby wipes should I just take a few of the small packages of baby wipes or the big refill size and just refill the small wipes container. Then my brain moved to strollers - oh we need to buy an umbrella stroller so it won't take up room. And the car seat, which car seat should we take - probably the one out of the truck, it is easier to handle. Hmm maybe we should buy one of those backpack baby carrier things for Jim to carry Jack or will the stroller be good? Then the thoughts moved on to which toys should we take and which suitcase should I pack Jack's stuff in. All these thoughts in a span of oh say 3 minutes. Scary how my mind works. And oh boy is my mind in overdrive just thinking about the outfits I can buy for him to wear!!! Look out Carters, Osh Kosh, Old Navy here I come buying baby clothes!!! Now see thats another change since having a baby, it used to be MY clothes would be the first thing that came to mind, now it is his clothes!

2 comments:

Erin said...

I hear you! We are taking Benjamin with us to Disney World the first week of March. My head spins whenever I think of the overwhelming amount of stuff we have to bring for him. I bought an In-step Backpack Stroller (like $60.00 on Amazon) to solve the backpack/umbrella stroller quandry. My friend Jen has one and RAVES about it. Take a look at it! :)

Other than that though, my head is still spinning... I'm procrastinating... OH, I did buy him a bunch of shorts and tops at Target and Gymboree since he doesn't have any of that stuff for summer yet and it's going to be HOT HOT HOT in Orlando...

Okay, now I'm stressed out again. Thanks for this post. ;)

Jack's Mom said...

Thanks Erin for the advice on the backpack stroller! I had never seen one of those before. Hmmm another thing on my list. It is enough for your brain to explode that is for sure!