Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Monday, January 03, 2005

Lazy Rainy Day

This is a day when I am so glad that I don't work on Mondays. It is pouring here yet again and I am having a very lazy day. Jack and I have had a very busy itenary so far today. We woke up and watched Mommy take a shower while playing with all kinds of cool bathroom things. The bathroom scale is the coolest - according to Jack, not according to Mommy. Then we settled down and had a baba while watching Sesame Street. We got really excited when Grover came on and then even more excited when Elmo came on. After Sesame Street, we had some Oatmeal and Cheerios - a very yummy breakfast. Then came time to play in the kitchen cabinets, this includes bringing every single piece of tupperware out and inspecting each piece. The tupperware inspection takes a good 7 minutes and then its onto the pots and pans which stay in the cabinet, but need to be inspected none the less. All this is done while Mommy is trying to clean up the kitchen - not successfully of course. So Mommy gives this up and decide to go play in the family room with the 3000 toys there. We then set about to play for about 45 mins and then that wonderful time came. The time that all Mommy's wish for and adore when it is here - NapTime!

He slept for about an hour and a half, during which Mommy actually was able to clean the kitchen, vacuum, and do a load of laundry. Then came that little squeal that signaled that naptime was indeed done. Next came a di-di change (poopy one if anybody cares) and onto lunch time. For lunch we had a half a banana and some yogurt. These are two of his favorite things. Then yay playtime again. This time we played with the Possessed Walking Pooh and his dump truck and the train block set thingy, along with the most cherished toy of all - The Learning table! All this was done with of course Sesame Street playing on the tv. Of course, we had to stop and watch during the really important parts.

Then Mommy decided to get on the computer while Jack was playing/watching tv. Well that ended with me pulling the Jack out of the wires underneath the desk about 6 times and trying to figure out how he cut the internet connection (unplugged it). Well so much for the computer. Then we had another baba and played and watched more tv. Walked around the house with the Hungry Hippo thingy for a few minutes, tortured the dogs, tortured the cat, looked outside at the rain, babbled at the rain, I babbled at the rain also. And what is this? Is it that time again? Yes it is NapTime!

So here I am on the computer and the kid is sleeping. Gotta love that. I do really love spending time with Jack and playing with him. But not sure I could be a stay at home mom (SAHM). Not sure I have it in me. I think the 3 days that I do work bring me sanity. Uhoh, what do I hear - yep Naptime is officially over. This one was a whole 30 minutes. Yay. See Ya Laters.

No comments: