Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Sunday, January 23, 2005

Wonderful Sunday morning

For those that are stuck in blizzards and under feet of snow, I am really sorry and you may not want to read further. But here in sunny California, it actually is sunny and oh so beautiful. So I got Jack out today and we took a walk down the sidewalk. He was walking with his little hippo walker and I was snapping pictures like yes the mad mom I am with camera.

Then we came back after walking down the sidewalk and back and I put Jack in the stroller and off we went to walk around the neighborhood for about 30 minutes. I love days like this you just feel so alive. Jack being his friendly little self waved at just about anything including sign posts, houses, cars and the occassional neighbor we saw. He is also saying hi when he waves. It doesn't matter if the sign post waves back or says hi, he is still very friendly to it.

All this fresh air and sunshine (again I am sorry for those in the blizzard) has got me in gear to get out backyard completed. We have this half acre lot with this huge backyard that is just begging to be Jack's personal play heaven, but at the moment it is just dirt and about 2 weeks ago it was mud city. We want to put a pool in someday, but right now with Jack so little, it scares me having a pool. You hear about toddlers drowning all the time in the family pool and I just don't want to take the risk quite yet. But we do plan to put one of those really cool jungle gym things. The one with a fort, slide, swings, and climbing wall. It makes the swing set that I grew up with look pretty pathetic. We also want to build a sand pit underneath it so it will double as a sand box and a soft place to land when he falls. Yes I know it is inevitable. But I really can't wait for those days to watch him out there playing. And of course, I will be the mad mom with camera when it does happen.


No comments: