Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Saturday, April 02, 2005

Allergies and one very grumpy boy

I blame it on Jim, really I do. Jack has inherited Jim's affinity toward allergies. Today, it was almost painful to look at Jack. His little eyes were watery, swollen, and red. He was sneezing every 10 seconds and the amount of um snot (sorry no other way to explain it) is unbelievable. He is miserable and it is all his Dad's fault. Jim is just like that. Jim can get an allergy attack and one look at him, I feel my eyes watering just from looking at him.

So anyway, in all this watery eyes and snot everywhere, Jack is like the grumpiest baby in town if not the entire county. He was semi-okay this morning when Jim was here. We were even outside walking around in the grass (no no he's not walking, he was holding onto me) and having a good time. But after Jim went to work this afternoon, he just started going downhill fast. We went on our monthly trek to Wal-Mart and he was still semi-okay. But oh my gosh when we got home, I could not make him happy. I know he is miserable and just wants to scream about it, but can I scream at the same time please? So after I dosed him up with some Benadryl at 6pm, I put him to bed. I am really hoping that Benadryl will do its magic and keep him sleeping for at least 12 hours. One good thing about the time change - one less hour to deal with Mr. Grumpy Pants. Does that make me a bad mommy?

On another note, I feel sad about the Pope dying. Even though I am not Catholic and don't even pretend to understand that religion, I feel that he was a good man and it is sad that he is no longer with us. But it was nice to hear about how he chose to die and his wishes were followed. It seems like he went in peace and really in the end that is what we all want. Death is inevitable, but to be able to do it with dignity and with peace is a blessing to both the family and the person dying.

I have been thinking a lot about this whole subject mainly because we have been notified that somebody close to us has stage 3 colon cancer. And even though this person and I have not been friends of any sort, I still feel bad. She has a young daughter and I have tried to put myself in her position and can't imagine the fear of knowing that there is a good chance that I won't see my child grow up. I guess having a child puts a new spin on life and death.

I don't know why I went into all this death and saddness. I wasn't even going to mention any of this on here. It just is something that has been weighing on my mind a lot and in a way this blog has become my journal - a very public journal.

Well I think that the boy is asleep - thank goodness. I am thinking that I am going to be doing the same very early tonight. I don't like it when Jim works nights. Night Night.

No comments: