Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Thursday, April 07, 2005

The "me" Day with a little bit of laundry, packing, and cleaning thrown in

Today I am going to go get my nails done and get a pedicure. I used to get my nails done every two weeks - had a standing appt. Working for the company that makes the product for acrylic nails is a a nice side benefit - I get them done for free. But of course, this all stopped when Jack was born. Mainly because I just did not have the time for an hour and a half every two weeks. I miss it. I miss talking with Jamie (the girl who did my nails) and gossiping about the latest star breaking up, or talking about Survivor and what happened that week. Ahh the life of a childless woman. Well Jamie is now pregnant and will not be doing nails after the end of this month. I think about Jamie and I know how much her life is going to change and she doesn't even realize it yet. But she will and one day she too will look back and yearn for the childless life as I do at times. But then all I have to do is remember that big ole hug I got from Jack this morning as I sang "Good morning to you" and the yearning is gone.

Geesh, I didn't mean to go into all that. Funny how you think you are going to do just a quick blog entry when you sit down to type and all this stuff comes spewing out. Better than therapy.

Anyway, today is our last day. Today is the day I have to do everything. And what is everything you might ask? Well it starts out with getting nails put on, pedicure done, eyebrow waxing, upper lip waxing (yes I need that done grrr), picking up my formal dress from the tailors (it had to be taken in a bit), meeting the house sitter at 1:00 so that I can give her the key to the house and explain the rules, going to the grocery store to get snacks for the plane for you know who. And about 8 loads of laundry, giving the dogs a bath so that the house sitter doesn't think they stink, finish packing our 2 suitcases and garmet bag and the carry-on, cleaning the house so the sitter doesn't think that we live in filth. That's all. I'll update later as to whether all this got done.

No comments: