Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Ahhh Memories

It was a year ago today that was my last day at work. I went to the doctor's for a checkup and well was told that I wasn't going back to work. In fact, I was ordered to go straight to the hospital for monitoring after the doctor's office. I remember Jim and Laura were with me at the doctor's office that time. Laura was pretty scared I think. But I was diagnosed with pre-eclampsia or toxemia (I guess it has 2 names go figure). I remember I was feeling really lousy for a couple of weeks prior to that and just thought it was pg fatigue. By that time, I was so huge, it was uncomfortable to breath let alone do much of anything else.

I was put on bedrest for the remaining of my pregnancy. And I hated it! I mean there is just so much tv you can watch while you lay on your fat and growing butt. I gained 20 lbs in that month and they still have not come off! I felt so guilty when I saw Jim come home from work and have to also do the housework. But now I look back and think man just one day of bed rest would be really great.

Flash forward a year and I am dealing with an almost-11-month-old baby who is on the go every single second until he crashes for bed. I am also dealing with a lot more at work - more responsibilities and stress. And yes, I do love my life.

I do have today off. I love my Wednesdays off. But today, I have soooo much to do and cram into one day. The list includes Walmart, taking the dog to the vet, approving the plans for a built in desk we are considering, picking up Laura from school, dropping by the mall for some of my shampoo and conditioner that is on sale. I would love to squeeze a haircut in there somewhere, but I highly doubt that I will be able to. How sad is it that I have had my hair done exactly twice since giving birth! I used to never go past 6 or 8 weeks, now i go months and months. Another thing that has changed in the past year.

But he's worth it.

No comments: