Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Sunday, February 20, 2005

Playland Fun

Last weekend we ended up going to this playland in San Diego called Kidsville. I heard about it from Beth who mentioned it in her blog. So we trekked down to San Diego to check it out. And oh my goodness, it was amazing. It is definitely for the 5 and under crowd, but for those ages, it is a plethora of funness. Beth likened it to an off the leash dog park for toddlers and it is very much like that. It is basically one big open area with all these little "houses" set up. There is the play kitchen, fire station, jail, etc. And toys and toys galore everywhere. Around the whole place is this little "road" where kids can ride the littles cars through the car wash and even stop signs on the road. I swear I was almost run over by many many toddlers who just rolled their eyes at me - geesh adult in the road puhleez. There is also a costume area where you can choose to be pretty much anything you want while you are there. Jack was Clifford the dog. But it was really great and it got me thinking that there really needs to be such a place closer to home without having to drive 65 miles. Of course the business sense in me got to thinking about opening one around here. I mean 40% of the population in this area is under 18 with a good portion in the under 5 crowd. It would really go over big time. Then there is the logistics such as money, etc. But it is something that I am seriously thinking about maybe possibly looking into. Anybody wanna donate to the "Little Jack's Corner" venture?

Below are some of the pictures taken when we were there. The day we were there was insane. There were 2 birthday parties going on so there were about 100 toddlers running all over. But it sure wiped Jack out because he slept all the way home after that - which is always a good thing. Running the energy off a toddler is priceless in my opinion.

No comments: