Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Busy Week

Wow, it has been a whole week since I blogged. It has been a busy week, not sure what exactly we've been doing, but just seemed very busy. I seem to come home from work these days and not sit down until after Jack goes to bed. Jim has been working later, so he doesn't get home until around 7:00-7:30 and I really miss having the extra pair of hands around to help out. So by the time Jack goes to bed, I am so wiped out that I don't think I could put together a coherent sentence.

I have been thinking a lot about his first birthday. I am thinking it is going to be kinda casual. We have invited some friends over and will have a barbeque with birthday cake and that will probably be it. I need to go pick out his birthday cake and maybe a cool party hat for him. I also bought a first birthday boy t-shirt on ebay for him. But no huge plans here. Grandma and Grandpa had planned to be here, but since Grandpa isn't feeling well that is not going to happen. So we have planned to take a little trip to Michigan next week to see them since they can't come here. Of course that makes my brain go into overdrive about gathering up his warm clothes, most of which he has outgrown. For being 11 1/2 months old, he is wearing 18 month clothes now. Man that kid grows.

Speaking of ebay, I have rediscovered it! And oh my goodness, how fun is it to look at boys clothes. I even find myself at work going on there and checking out the auctions. I have managed to spend about $60, but have bought a ton of summer clothes and a couple of dressy suits for the cruise in April. Seriously, I need to be stopped. Somebody needs to take away my ebay registration, this could become dangerous!

This morning, Jack and I took Laura to school and then decided to go by Aunt Janet's. She runs a daycare out of her house and I would love to use her as my daycare, but she is just so out of my way that I would be driving an extra 40 miles a day if I did use her. But it is fun to go over there and let Jack play with the other children. She only had 1 little girl today who just turned 2. And wow what a difference a year can make. She is talking up a storm and she knows what channel on the tv the Wiggles are on and she knows how to change the channel on the remote. Such a smart little thing. I was just amazed at the difference between her and Jack. Of course she loved playing with the "baby". But she did not like having to share her French Toast sticks however.

So now we are back home and Jack is napping. I really really need to be cleaning the house and doing the laundry, but sitting here blogging and ebaying while drinking coffee is so much more appealing. Okay, thats it, I so need to get a maid. :)

No comments: