Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Good Mommy and Jack Day

Today was one of those days when you just feel so great to be a Mommy. After we got home from our morning playtime at Aunt Janet's daycare, Jack took a nap while Mommy had fun exploring the computer. I bought a couple more cute outfits on ebay.

When he woke up, I decided that we would go pick out his cake for his first birthday. We had a hard time trying to decide on the Winnie the Pooh cake and the Thomas the Train cake. In the end Thomas won out, but it was a close one.

Since it was such a nice day, I decided to go to the local outlet mall here and walk around in the lovely California sunshine. We were supposed to have rain and icky today, but alas it turned out beautiful. So while I was there, I decided to go on a quest for a pair of jeans that actually fit me. You see, I have been struggling all year long to get back down to my pre-pregnancy weight. I am finally within 10 lbs of that goal (I want to go down another 20 after I hit the pre-pg number). But I still can not fit into one pair of my pre-Jack jeans. I still have the belly flab that will not go away no matter what. The problem is, if I find a pair of jeans that fit my belly, the butt and thighs are so baggy. Trust me it is not pretty.

So today I decided that I would like to have just 1 pair of jeans that I can say fit. Well after going through the Levi's and Old Navy stores, I was about to give up. But I decided to dash into Dress Barn real quick to see what they have and yes I did find a pair of jeans that fit. Wow!

But I am still trying to lose the belly. I mean low-rise jeans on me are scary! So besides spending thousands of dollars on tummy tuck and liposuction (anybody willing to donate to the lose Dawn's belly flab cause?), I really don't know what to do.

But anyway, Jack and I had a lot of fun today. He got lots of attention from the other shoppers and was his normal little charming self. And he now has a new skill. He has learned to high five. All I have to do is hold up my hand and say "High Five" and he giggles and holds his hand up and grabs mine. Ahhh I love this kid!

No comments: