Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Friday, February 18, 2005

Good Morning

Good morning to all. It is Friday (THANK GOD). Can I just say that it has been theeee longest week in history. With the exception of my day off on Wednesday, it has pretty much sucked. And I can tell that today will also. I know I know you are supposed to have positive thoughts in the morning and your day will go positive. Well phooey is what I say. It is pouring down rain outside and in about 1 hour I have to out into that very rain and drive 25 miles to work in traffic that won't go more than 20 mph. And work, well I won't even go into that. Long story. And on top of all this cheeriness, its that time of the month for me. Sorry if TMI. And we in the Jackaroo house are worried about my father who is not doing very well in Michigan. We can't wait to see Grandma and Grandpa next week and hope that he is doing better.

But the bright spot is Jack. I get to go wake him up and he is just sooo cute when he wakes up. Unlike his Mommy who wakes up in a foul mood until she has had her first cup (or 2nd or 3rd) of coffee, Jackaroo wakes up all smiles and giggles. We usually play the peek a boo game with the mirror which will launch many a giggle. Then we will play "get the baby belly" game and after that comes the serious business of diaper change and getting dressed. He doesn't usually like that stage of the morning. I swear this kid is gonna be a naturalist nudist when he grows up. He would love to be a free nakey butt all the time.

I have to admit that I am really missing him during the day when I am at work. He is becoming such a little man all his own and it is so exciting to watch. He is so good natured and non-confrontational. The other day we were at a playland and Jack was playing with a toy there and some 9 month old boy crawled up to him and yelled in Jack's face. It was very obvious that this 9 month old boy wanted to play with the toy that Jack was playing with at the moment. And my son just looked at the boy as if to say "chill out dude" and then stepped away and let him play with the toy. Jack just found some other toy just as interesting. And I said to myself, yep thats my son. Because I am the same way. I will back down from any type of confrontation unless I am really really provoked. But Jack is so good natured and I really hope he stays that way.

Alright, I guess it is time to get going. I have had 2 cups of coffee and I can at least function now. Off to get Jack up and then out into the lovely rainy day. Thank God it is Friday.

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Yes...THANK GOD today is Friday. Sucky week here too so you are not alone.

I'm sorry your dad is not well. It must be hard to be so far away from him right now. Hope things improve for you!