Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Sunday, February 20, 2005

I never thought I would be one but...

I never thought I would be one of those moms who put their kids in pictures or pagents or whatnot. But just this week I have had 2 people tell me I really should get Jack in commercials since he is just so good looking. People also have said he looks just like the Gerber baby. And a few weeks ago, I found myself sending his picture into Regis and Kelly beautiful baby contest (by the way didn't win). I am also Tivoing the Regis show all this week because they are showing pictures of some of the entries for that chance of seeing Jack on tv for 1.3 seconds. So all this makes me think, could I actually become one of those mothers.

Yesterday Jim had a rare Saturday off and we went to his Sons of the Confederate meeting. It was at a restaurant and of course as usual, all was enthralled with Jack. And of course Jack was just eating up the attention. We made the joke that he was only HALF confederate and he can actually join both the Sons of the Confederate and the Sons of the Union. I keep telling everybody to remember that he does have some Yankee in him also.

But fun was had by all. I did however slip off my diet and I can feel it this morning. I just kinda feel sluggish after the barbque chicken sandwich and sweet potatoe fries I had. Although Jack had a lot of the fries himself. He also had some black eyed peas and bbq pork and mashed potatoes. The kid made out quite well and Mommy and Daddy suffered later on after two very messy diapers. Sorry TMI.

In the restaurant there was another little girl the same age as Jack. And I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw her sitting contently next to her daddy in the booth. No squirming, no trying to get away and run away. She was just sitting very quietly. And I thought to myself, there is no way Jack would EVER sit that way for even 3 seconds. The differences in babies is amazing.

I'll try to post pictures from last weekend at the playland. Some pretty cute pics.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Oh I SO hear you on the baby differences issue. I feel like I am the only mommy I know with the baby Ben's age that can't sit still. All of them ALL OF THEM will just sit there and take in the world... Ben? HA! This is why I broke down and did something I said I'd never EVER do... I bought a toddler leash for Disney World. Blog post forthcoming once it comes in the mail and I can no longer be in denial about what I have done. ;)

Jack's Mom said...

LOL Erin. I have to admit that when Jack starts walking like Ben does, I may just maybe get one of those leashes also. I think that if Ben and Jack got together, they could probably wear each other out pretty well and get into some trouble together I bet!