Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Another Never Say Never

I know I said it last time. It being never moving again and the other it being never move into a brand new house again. You see, this is my sixth, yes that is right, sixth brand new house. I have been the proud owner of 2 brand new houses in Seattle area, 3 brand new houses in California, and now this brand new house in Mississippi. And while they are nice in that everything is brand spanking new, they come with their own inherent problems. Like, for the past 6 days, I have had no power in my bathrooms and the builder could not figure out why. The outlets were just dead. That was finally fixed yesterday.

Another problem we have occured is I guess since the hurricane here, the phone company just has not had the time to keep up with all the demands of fixing what was damaged and all the new subdivisions popping up all over town, mine included. So for the time being until they can get somebody here to bury phone cable (hopefully before the year 2007, but we shall see), my phone cable is running out my back yard and down the back yards of my neighbors to the main road. Yeah, I give it two weeks until it gets cut by some neighbor cutting his grass.

There is also all the stuff that you just don't have when moving into a new house like window coverings. Right now we are using the old fashioned sheet tacked up in front of the windows method. Lovely. And I give us about another month of that fashionable look until we get blinds/shutters put up.

Yesterday was a day from hell. I had scheduled the new furniture to be delivered, the new appliances to be delivered, and the satellite tv guy to come and hook us up. And yes they all showed up within 30 minutes of each other, and not just them either. No, I had to throw in the electrician guy fixing my dead bathroom outlets AND the phone guy stringing my phone cable out my backyard. Can you say insane assylum cause that is where I felt like going after all that. Oh and throw in an ahem "nice" chat on the phone with Jim's ex to top my day off. Yes, alcohol was consumed last night by the way.

Today, I am hoping to go enroll Jack into a preschool. I finally found a part-time preschool. It is about 30-40 minutes away, but it is worth it just to be Jack-free for 6 whole hours a week right now. He is so pushing my buttons right now and NOT listening to me. He even looks at me daring me to do something when he is doing something he shouldn't be doing. Yes, he got swatted on the butt many a time yesterday. I know that he is feeling out of his element, but with everything going on, I do not need him to be turning into a devil child in front of my eyes. So the preschool is Monday and Wednesday mornings for 3 hours and when I called yesterday, they had just one opening in the two year old class. I practically jumped through the phone telling her I would take the slot. So I am going there today to enroll him and he starts on Monday. And thank goodness Jim has this weekend off because I seriously might have dropped the child off at the nearest corner and ran away! Just kidding, mostly.

No comments: