Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

We are in!

Well we got into the house. We closed Friday afternoon and it has been a huge whirlwind since then. We just got our cable internet hooked up yesterday, so I was without internet for almost 5 days! GAH! And we still do not have our tv hooked up, hopefully today. We haven't watched any tv in over 2 weeks and I can say that I am having withdrawals.

The movers came with all of our stuff on Saturday. My mother-in-law and sister-in-law came down to help me with Jack and unpack because Jim had to work that day. I do not know what I would of done without them. They were so great in keeping Jack busy and they unpacked my entire kitchen before the movers were even done with everything! I would of probably been in tears by the end of the day without them for sure. As it was, I was so sore the next day, I could hardly walk!

We have been busy trying to settle in and unpack. Our garage is about 1/3rd the size of our old garage, which makes things interesting. I don't think we will be parking in the garage for many months to come, if ever. My kitchen is absolutely huge with so many cabinets that I actually have empty cabinets! Gasp!

We also contracted to put a fence up. I was feeling so exposed with no fence because the people behind us who own the lake, are always driving right near our back of the house. I also have people coming to give me estimates about putting blinds/shutters in and doing a closet system in our closet. Our closet is half of what we used to have, which again makes things very interesting.

Oh and we also started to paint inside last night. We are having our new furniture delivered today and since I didn't want to move the huge entertainment system to paint behind it, I decided to paint that wall last night. And of course, it was a fiasco. I bought a quart of the paint to sample the color, then we went back yesterday to get another gallon. Well it turns out that the quart was two shades lighter than the gallon and I had to repaint the section of the wall that was painted with the quart. I did that at 6 am this morning, so now we have all one color on our wall, which is always a good thing.

I was going to start on the kitchen today, but decided that I just didn't want to deal with more paint for awhile. I decided to paint the kitchen a bright yellow.

Oh and during all this, Jack has decided to turn on the terrible twos big time. He has been a devil child and will not listen to anything either one of us says. And then the screaming, whining, and pouting that ensues is so much fun to deal with. I know that he feels out of his element and is probably confused about the whole thing. We did get his room sorta settled and all of his toys are in his room now. Of course, he has to strew the toys everywhere. You can't even see the floor right now.

I did find a mothers group in the area. I am going to meet them tomorrow for lunch at McDonald's playland. It looks like they have a ton of stuff to do and activities for the kids. I think we need to take a day off from unpacking and actually have fun. I have been trying to find a preschool to put Jack into a couple days a week with no luck. All of them are full time only and the mothers morning out program is totally full for the time being. So I guess I have Jack full time right now.

I promise I will post pictures in the next few days. I just don't want to take any pictures with boxes everywhere and outside the builder has a pile of pallets stacked in front of our house that is not very attractive. Of course they say they will take care of them, but that was 3 days ago. We shall see. I am getting mad about it now because I found out that is the reason why we are not getting any mail because they are blocking the mail box. UGH. It is always something I tell ya.

Anyway, that is the latest and it is really great to be back into the internet blog world again!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are finally in the new house. We moved two weeks ago and Christopher my march 04 baby is having a tough time adjusting also. I did start him in preschool (full day) just a couple of days after moving in and he is having a rough time of being left at school in the mornings. You may find that keeping him home for a while before starting him in part time school will go easier?

Carolyn (in Davis, CA)

Anonymous said...

Glad you are officially IN and closed. Awesome!

Anonymous said...

Your dad and myself are so happy you are in and after talking to you last night, we realize what a stress you have been under. Pray that things will soon come together. Love you all.