Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Friday, September 22, 2006

No naps and Painting ... Not a good combo

I know that it has been a few days since I last posted. I blame it all on the fact that the boy is NOT taking naps anymore. I have tried everything from laying down with him (he just ends up jumping up and down on the bed) to putting him down later in the afternoon like Erin suggested. Nothing works at all. Except for yesterday when the boy laid down on the floor in the family room and crashed around 5:00 last night. Jim picked him up and put him on our bed where he slept until 7:00. I changed him and put his jammies on and put him in his bed where he slept until almost 7:00 this morning. It was over 13 hours straight sleep. So I guess he is just building it up until he crashes like that now??? Whatever the reason, I do not like it. Especially on the days that Jim works and I have him all to myself for 12 hours.

Today we made a trek to Target and when I say trek, I mean trek! The closest Target is in another state! I had to drive to Lousiana just to go to the oh great store! Granted it was only 45 miles away and I used to drive that everyday to get to work in California, but still the whole principal of the thing. But we had fun. I was in search of a toy box for Jack's room and found out that they did not have any toy boxes in the store, so it looks like I will be ordering online. And Toys R Us? Yeah that is nowhere around here either. I know, it is almost criminal! However, there is a Barnes & Nobel really close by, where I have taken advantage of the free play area of the Thomas train table. A good place to spend an hour or so with the toddler.

I also found a great toddler playland at the Chick Fila. It is great because it is geared just for toddlers, unlike those at McDonalds where the big kids run over the little ones. Yeah we spent a couple hours there today.

I had to take our dog into the vet today to get his teeth cleaned and a tooth extracted. Yeah another $300 gone. I swear, we need pet insurance badly. Anyway, while there I had Jack step on the dog scale in the waiting room. I was shocked when it read 35.6 pounds! The boy seriously needs to stop growing. He has outgrown most of his clothes and I need to go on a major shopping spree for him very soon.

I am also very tired of painting and really wondering why I took on painting so soon. Well, I know why, because the white walls were bugging me to death. But with Jack and his no napping, it has been extremely hard to get it done. I have the kitchen almost painted, except for a little bit above the cabinets and the family room is a little bit over halfway done. I also need to get the office painted in the next couple weeks before they come to install the new desk. I figure it will be easier to paint with nothing in the room. But the thought makes me weary.

Jim is enjoying his job and it is so funny because I keep seeing him around town on duty. Today I saw him three times. Once while he was reporting an accident, once while investigating a disturbance in a parking lot, and once he drove right by me. I swear everytime I turn around, there he is. Of course, I did stop at a yellow light when I normally would have gone through, just because I did not want him to pull me over! Jack is always talking about his Daddy policeman to everybody, including the other parents at the playland today. I have a feeling, he is going to be a policeman for Halloween this year.

Since Jim is working this weekend, Jack and I are going to check out the children's museum that is supposed to be really great and probably enroll him in their toddler program that has all kinds of activities. I am grasping at straws these days to keep the boy busy can ya tell?

No comments: