Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Friday, September 15, 2006

Jack's Preschool

I enrolled Jack into preschool yesterday. It is such a nice preschool with an actual curriculum and his teacher is so nice. It was really quite funny because the director of the school told me that sometimes 2-year-olds just are not ready for preschool and if he had a lot of problems with crying all the time, they would have to remove him because it is just too disruptive to the teacher and other kids. I told her that it would not be a problem with Jack, in fact, when we went into his classroom to meet the teacher, Jack took off to the other side of the room without even a backwards glance to me and started playing with another little boy. I turned to her and said "see he doesn't even care if I am here or not."

I am so impressed with this school. They have a new curriculum every week with topics like sharing, family, and self-esteem and it is all christian based ideals, which I think is very important for kids. They also have music class every Wednesday for 30 minutes where they get to learn how to play different instruments and sing songs. They also asked me to pack an old shirt for painting everyday because they have art classes where according to the teacher, it gets very messy. His teacher is really amazing, because if I had 7 two-year-olds to contend with for 3 hours a day, I would be running out of the building shriekding, but she seemed so calm and really seemed to treat each child with respect and listened to each one of them. My hats off to her.

And I am already looking forward to the little Thanksgiving and Christmas programs they put on for the parents. I am already stocking up on kleenex for the occasions.

Starting Monday, he will go two times a week on Mondays and Wednesdays for 3 hours. Yahoo! Next fall when he is in the three year old class, he will go three times a week. They add a day every year until they get to kindergarten where it is five days a week. I am thinking we will be keeping him in this school all the way through kindergarten.

And Jack's reaction to the whole thing? As we were walking out of the school, I said "I like your school." And he said "me too. I go to school!!!" He is just a bit excited to say the least. And me too. Six hours a week to myself!

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

That sounds great! I'm glad Jack likes his new school and Mommy gets some time to herself. You sure need it after this move!

Anonymous said...

Jack loves his school. He is so social and loves to learn. His mommy needs to have some time to herself after this move from California and all of the things that went on besides. I am sure you could write a book on this last month.