Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Like It Was Supposed To Happen

You know so much of this move feels like it was scripted, like maybe somebody bigger than all of us was directing the whole thing. Because I remember back in March or April, Jim and I started discussing the possibility of moving to Mississippi. He was getting incredibly fed up with his job and wanted out badly. We were falling behind financially in California. I mean seriously you need to make a $100K a year to sustain a life there, and we didn't do that with me not working.

So then about that time, this job opportunity came along, to be a police officer for the city of Gulfport. Jim sent in his resume, kind of on a lark. And lo and behold they wanted him to come and take the test, interview about 5 times and next thing I know we have our house up for sale.

Of course, we pick a time to sell our house when there is NO house selling going on in the area. And the miracle couple who came through at the last minute to buy our house with cash. Seriously, who has more than a half of a million dollars laying around in the bank?

And then we move into this neighborhood. It is a great neighborhood with a community pool for us to use. We did use it the other day for about 20 minutes before the big black clouds came in and made us leave the pool. And since then, it has been very much fallish weather around here, so that might have been the last swim for the year.

Anyway, our little "cove" as they call it here, actually a cul-de-sac is quite amazing. Like we were all supposed to end up here. Our neighbors next door are named Erin and Ben. I won't forget their names because of my bloggy friend Erin and her son Ben. They are a young couple just married. And the weird thing? She went to the same college I did near Boston! Now, let me just tell you, I went to a small business college named Bentley College. Nobody has ever heard of the school outside of the Northeast. And to wind up next door to a fellow alum, is just mind blowing. Of course, she graduated a full eleven years after I did. And yes another reminder of my "advanced" age. Oh and then there is the cat connection with them. They have a cat named Sammy also. Just too weird.

The other thing is that of the five houses on this cove, every one is either active duty military, or retired military. And Sonya, the mother of Jack's little girlfriend Alison, is going to the Federal law enforcement training center, the same one that Jim went to when I was pregnant.

So again, it seems very scripted and directed, which is kinda cool.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This move to Mississippi is all in a higher plan then we can begin to imagine. How great to hear about all of this coming together now.

Erin said...

Oh i LOVE when you can look back and see how things happened for a reason. How wonderful for you guys! :)

-LGirl- said...

I would be very suspiscious if I were you. It sounds very Wysteria Lane to me... LOL!

Claire said...

Wow! Just, wow. How fantastic that things have come together so neatly for you and your family!