Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Settling Down

Things seem to be settling down here. I can not believe that it has been only one week since the movers came with all of our stuff. It sure feels like a month. We are as settled as we can be at the moment. We need storage badly and last night we contracted a closet organizer company to put a closet system in our very small master bedroom closet. We also are putting in cabinets in our laundry room and my favorite - a built in office system. After all that gets installed, we should be able to unpack most of the rest of the boxes, except for the disaster area known as the garage. That place is just down right scary right now.

We have also managed to paint most of our family room a beigey color. It sure beats the stark white walls that were driving me crazy. Now we maybe lacking in garage and storage space, but we more than make up for having possibly the largest family room ever. We literally have half of it empty and I don't quite know what to do with all that space other than let it be Jack's playland, which I am sure it will end up being.

My next project is to paint the kitchen a bright yellow. I plan on decorating it in a French country theme of blue and yellow. Of course, I can not tell Jim that it is "French" because he hates all things French. I just say "blue and yellow". And again, I think I might have the largest kitchen ever. I even have empty cabinets!!

I promise, I will get pictures up tomorrow on here. I have been reluctant about taking pictures until at least part of the clutter crap was taken care of, but I think I have sufficiently reduced it to an acceptable minimum to show the internet world.

Jack has been making friends all over the place, although he still talks about all his friends in California all the time. Tonight, he met the little boy, Alezander, who lives behind us who just turned two. And let me tell you, those two were best buds in about 5 minutes having fun throwing dirt at each other and basically doing all-boy things and getting filthy at the same time. He also has a little girl friend named Allison who lives two doors down from us. She is an older woman at the old age of three and again, they have so much fun together.

We had to go to the county Health Department yesterday to get a form for his preschool showing that he is up to date on his vaccines. He had to get two shots to make him current and he was NOT happy about that and did not like it one bit. In fact, hours later he was talking about the "lady who hurt him".

He has a pretty good cold today and sounds so miserably stuffed up with red runny eyes. I don't know if it is allergies, reaction to the vaccines, or just getting sick, but I sure hope it goes away by Monday for preschool. I think I am more excited than he is for it.

And yes, I will post pictures of the house tomorrow for all those who were wondering what we now live in.

No comments: