Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Monday, September 18, 2006

Sick Day

Jack's first day of preschool was today, or I should say, was supposed to be today. However, Jack had to stay home sick. He has had a cold since Saturday and then last night he was coughing through the night and had some really nasty stuff coming out of his nose, so I made the painful decision to keep him home. And let me tell you he was very unhappy about not going to school today. I made a big deal about packing his backpack last night for school and he was so excited. When I told him that he could not go this morning, he started screaming and crying and yelling at me "I go to schoooolllllll". I wanted to tell him I felt the same way because three whole hours alone sure sounds like heaven to me about now. I did get him to take his first nap in over a week this afternoon and it was not easy. I had to lay down with him in my bed and it took a good 30 minutes of me telling him to go to sleep before he finally did. Such wonderful bliss.

It looks like Jack is going to be taking Chinese lessons. His Uncle Bill, who is way above most human beings in IQ, knows so many languages, I am afraid to count that high. His latest passion is everything Chinese, including learning the language and how to write in Chinese. He called us the other night offering to pay for lessons for Jack. I guess his teacher also teaches toddlers and older children the Chinese language and well I couldn't refuse any educational thing for Jack. So starting on Wednesday, Jack is going to learn how to speak Chinese once a week. My fear now is that he will swear at me in Chinese on a regular basis and I won't have a clue what he will be saying.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Poor little guy. Ben has had a cold too (which he so kindly shared with me) Good times...

Your new house is beautiful and so is the view! I hope you are having fun decorating!! :) :) :)

How cool that Jack is going to learn Chinese! Can't wait to hear how it goes!