Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Friday, September 15, 2006

Rest in Peace ... Naptimes

I just want to take a moment to say goodbye to something that has been the best friend to this mommy for two and a half years. Something that I have looked forward to each and everyday with joyful glee. Something that I would go out of my way NOT to miss, no matter what. What is that something you ask? That something is the all important NAPTIME. It is history, gone bye bye, and the way it looks, gone forever.

I am NOT happy about this latest turn of events in the life of the Jackaroo. I do not know why he picked NOW to stop taking naps. I NEED him to take naps so I can get my house in order and get rid of the endless boxes that I swear multiply during the night. I need the nap so I myself can catch my second wind to deal with Jack on those 12-hour long work days that Daddy does now. But Jack has other plans. He has had a total of one nap since we have moved here and that was the day after the movers came with all of our stuff and the kid was beyond exhausted. I do not know whether it is because we are in a new house, his room now doubles as the play room and all his toys are in there, or he has just become a big boy and doesn't need naps. I don't care what the reason. I just want naptime to come back. Now. Please.

2 comments:

Erin said...

I'm just going to throw this out there, since it's what's working for us right now.

I thought Ben was giving up his naps too... but then I discovered that most days, he will take one... but ONLY if I don't try to put him down until about 3p.m. If I try earlier, he won't nap, period. He'll nap from 3-5, or sometimes 3-6 and STILL go down for a reasonable bedtime around 8p.m. This discovery has been a lifesaver.... maybe it will work for you too? I hate to see other mommies lose the nap! It's sacred! ;)

Mrs. Flinger said...

OHHHHh, GAWD. I saw your comment and had to see how you were holding up! (Thank god the move is already over, yes?)

I like Erin's idea. LB wasn't napping for a bit and I actually had to put her down EARLIER. I was doing 1pm but noon seems to be the window.

I will not lose the nap. NO! I like to nap and I'm thirty. She can nap until then, too. DAMNIT. :-)