Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Friday, June 16, 2006

The Beach

As I get ready in my mind to move to the Mississippi gulf coast, I am very excited to know that we will be within minutes of a beach, and not just any beach, but a big white sandy beach with warm water.

I love love love the beach and as I just read Rbelle's post about growing up at the beach, I hope that Jack will have that love of the beach one day. I did not grow up near a beach, but all of my adult life has drawn me toward it. Maybe that is why I live on the west coast, less than 2 hours away from the beautiful Pacific Ocean. When I lived in Seattle, my most favorite place on this earth was Cannon Beach Oregon. I would go there at least twice a year, if not more, just to relax and feed my soul the relaxing qualities of the surf. I always told myself that when I retire, it would be in a small coastal town like Cannon Beach. In fact, I thought seriously of moving there a few years ago. I haven't been back to Cannon Beach in the 8 years that I have lived in California. Sure, the beaches here are nice and all, but there is something about that spot on Earth that totally feeds my soul that no other spot has before.

So, with our move to Mississippi, I get my wish of "retiring" on the beach. Now if those pesky hurricanes would just stay away.

No comments: