Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Hello from Florida!

Well we made it to Florida. We did the coast to coast drive. We have logged 4200 miles on the van since leaving California over a week ago. It has been quite the trip and I have tried to journal it on the laptop.

Yesterday we left Gulfport around 11 am after Jim had a few more interview things to do for the police there. It is looking like he is going to become one of Gulfport's finest (although he has always been my finest). It also looks like I have 2 months to get back home, sell the house, pack up our crap and move our butts to Mississippi. Can you say YIKES! Oh my, my brain is just a twitter of everything that has to be done. Oh and if anybody has any tips at all on how to move 4 animals across the country - please share!

Anyway, we arrived here in the Orlando area. We are staying at this amazing condo/villa place 5 minutes from Disneyworld. We didn't get here until around 9 last night. But for only $150/night, we have a 3 bedroom condo with a computer and internet access. Yay! No longer having to ask one of Jim's siblings if I can use their computer. The kids have their own room with 2 twin beds. Jack slept really well last night for being his first time in a twin bed by himself. And we have our own master suite and our very OWN bathroom. Yay! I love visiting family, but don't you hate having to use somebody else's bathroom? You always make extra effort you don't leave any sign of you ever ever being there. And it even has a full sized washer/dryer, which is really good cause boy do we need to do laundry (ewwww). Anyway, it is really nice to be here. The kids were very happy to go swimming last night at 10. And what did Jack do while we were unloading the car? He ran around the living room and down the hall like a crazy child. I guess he needed to run off some of that pent up energy from 9 hours in the car!

We were planning on going to Disneyworld today, tomorrow, and Tuesday. But we are all exhausted. I think with the family reunion, Jim's job status, and the all the driving, we are absolutely exhausted right now. So today is going to be a kind of a leisure day. We plan to go to Chef Mickey's later for brunch. I am sure Jack is going really enjoy all the characters. Either that or the kid is going to be crying all the time because he is afraid. We shall see.

After brunch, we are just going to take it easy and maybe look around Downtown Disney or go shopping in one of those tacky souveniur stores that are lined the streets around here. We have plans to meet my brother for dinner tonight halfway to Daytona Beach where he lives.

So now I am off to try to figure out how their stupid coffee maker works cause I don't hear it making coffee like I demanded it to do. Argh I need coffee!

2 comments:

-LGirl- said...

Glad to hear you are having fun!!!I am enjoying your holiday updates!! Say hi to Mickey from us!

Anonymous said...

Hope you all enjoy your visit with Tim and Julie. Told Julie to give my Jackroo an extra hug for his Grammy and Papa.