Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Friday, June 02, 2006

Staying At Home Has It Perks

Because you can have days like this:


Jack and I went to a pool party hosted by another mother in our playgroup. It was sooo much fun and a perfect day for the pool, seeing as it was 100 degrees today. On our way over, Jack was going on and on about swimming. He was so excited to go swimming. But when we got there, he froze in his tracks as soon as he saw the pool and totally FAHREAKED out when I went to put him in the water. This is the same kid who just a year ago, was practically diving into the pool by himself if we let him.

But after he saw all the other kids having fun, he joined in and pretty soon was having a total blast. I think what helped was I put him in a floatie and after that, he was like "bye bye Mama" and didn't want me to touch him at all. Mr. Independent that kid.

As you can see from the pictures, to say we had fun would be an understatment.








It took all of 2 minutes for the kid to pass out in the car. I had to drive really slow and the long way home for him to get the nap he needed. I also think he is going to sleep very very well tonight.

4 comments:

Erin said...

Looks like fun!

Is that the world's smallest in-ground pool or is just not all in the picture? ;)

Jack's Mom said...

It was pretty small and it totally filled their backyard. It also got really crowded with about 15 mommies and kids.

Anonymous said...

What a great time was had by Jackroo and his Mom. Great pictures. Showed them to papa this morning.

-LGirl- said...

Holy crow!!! What I would do to have neighbours with a pool! It's magical by my standards!
Their own oasis!