Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Thursday, June 01, 2006

It almost was a funny story

This morning as I got out of the shower and was standing in my bedroom getting dressed, I heard what sounded like water gurgling. I went to look out the window and I guess somehow somewhere one of our sprinklers broke in the back and water was freeflowing like a fire hydrant all over the back yard. Now let me explain a little bit about our stupid town and their stupid water. Water here is on the same equivalent as liquid gold in the price. Last year when we were trying to keep the new sod alive, it cost us $400 in water for one month! And we live in a town that hasn't the largest natural lakes in southern california! So seeing that fire hydrant going in my backyard threw a terrible fear into my thrifty (cheap) self and I ran to the garage to shut the sprinkler system off before we wasted another $5 of water.

Now let me just give you a picture - I was completely nude. And let me tell you what the boy does when one of us goes into the garage without him - he deadbolts the door leading to the garage. So as you can imagine and put two and two together, I was in the garage nude and I heard the boy fiddling with the lock on the door. Talk about fear. I ran to open the door before he could get the deadbolt locked and thankfully it opened! But I could just imagine trying to walk around the side of the house to get into the back door in my condition.

Yeah almost a funny story - thank god it wasn't!

3 comments:

-LGirl- said...

I can't imagine your terror at the sound of that lock!LOL! I can just see you covering up in an innertube and some trash can lids!LOL!to make your way aroung the house!

Anonymous said...

I am sitting here laughing until the tears are coming down my face. It brings to mind one time when I was trying on some clothes when I heard you scream from the opposite side of the store. You had gotten out and I am in bra and panties.

Erin said...

ohmahgah.

Maybe you should stash some extra clothes in there just in case you actually DO find yourself in that situation someday.