Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Shopping on Free Money

When I left my job 6 months ago, they gave me a parting gift - a $100 gift card to a mall. I haven't used it before now because for one thing, the mall is a good ways away and the traffic to get there totally sucks. And I knew that there would come a time when I would be totally broke and wanting to buy stuff and then that is when I would use it.

Well that day was today. I wanted to get some stuff for our upcoming trip. I fought the traffic to get there. I forget how incredibly bad the traffic is going that way. It took 23 minutes to go about 5 miles! And that was at 10:00 this morning, not even "rush" hour. I finally get there and shop for a couple of hours. And what did I get for my $100? I think I did quite well.

I came home with the following:

* 3 sleeveless shirts from JC Pennys 40% off sale
* 2 necklaces and 2 sunglasses from Claires - always cheap
* 3 shorts and a pair of yoga pants from Lady Footlocker ($4.99 each!)
* Pair of flip flops and a really cute pair of brown loafer type shoes for Jack from Payless.

I did have to pay $2.26 at Payless because by then the card had run out, then I came home.

Love spending free money!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Free money is always good!

Anonymous said...

It is fun to spend money that was just given to you. It almost sounds like you are getting excited.