Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Sad Realities

I had been planning to go with the mother's group to a botanical gardens today. Supposedly they were having a free admission day along with some cool activities for kids like planting their own gardens. I had signed up to go over a month ago, but when it comes right down to it, I realize that we really can't go - or shouldn't go. The gardens are located near San Diego, roughly 75 miles away and with gas pushing $3.50 per gallon, that is just way too much money to spend on gas to get there. I figured it would take about half a tank to get there and back so therefore about $30. How sad is that? So I decided we would stay close to home and go to gym class as scheduled. It would have been fun day, not to mention the photo ops. But with us saving for our vacation coming up less than 2 months, we just can't afford any extras right now. However, last night we did venture to Lowes and bought 2 containers, potting soil and flowers and later today Jack and I are going to go out and plant our own garden here at home.

Sad reality of the day.

Another disturbing thing I just saw. I got a hit from somebody doing a yahoo search for "little boys jack off". Sick person whoever you are from Fairfield Ohio.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Oh, I hear you! We spent $53 filling up the van two days ago. I'm trying not to go anywhere unnecessarily! Today, I'm not going anywhere... just staying home, straightening, working on the potty thing with the boy and playing outside.