Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

A Blur

That was Jack today at gym class... one big blur! During circle time, when all the other kids were sitting obediently on their mother's lap and doing whatever activity they were supposed to do, my kid was in the MIDDLE of the circle dancing. You know that dance in the movie Flashdance where whatshername was dancing to that maniac song? Yeah he was doing that dance.

And after the circle time when it was free playtime, he was just like superman running, just a blur back and forth. One minute he was jumping into the balls, the very next second he was climbing the ladder, then the next second after that he was rolling down the mat. Let me tell you separation time could not come faster today. The kid totally exhausted me and after we got home, I felt like a truck hit me full force. Or maybe it was just the toddler ran me over during his blur of running. Who knows?

And where is all this energy coming from? Well I think I can attribute that to all the FOOD he is eating. Yesterday, the kid ate TWO breakfasts. The first one was yogurt and french toast, then after Laura woke up and he saw her eating cereal, he wanted a bowl of cereal also. And tonight for dinner we had whole-wheat spaghetti and the boy had THREE helpings! He ate more than me! I have these fears he's going to sprout another 6 inches in the next few days. Oy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can just picture hime running like a blurr. He is so funny. Hope he can ride on your vacation okay. Give him and Laura both a big hug for grammy and papa this morning when he gets up.

Carolyn said...

LOL, just picturing the Flashdance moves! I hear you though...a toddler can wear you out quicker than anything. I'm more exhausted after a weekend with B than I am from a full week at work!

Carolyn said...

LOL, just picturing the Flashdance moves! I hear you though...a toddler can wear you out quicker than anything. I'm more exhausted after a weekend with B that I am from a full week at work!