Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Playgroup On Steroids

Today was the big "Meet and Greet Day" for the mothers group that I belong to. This group has grown to have about 130 members and today there were about 60 of them and their children at the big event. I helped organize a little bit of it, but the main organizers worked really really hard and it turned out great. We had a blast.

There were games for the kids and gift baskets to be won for the mothers. I didn't win any basket, however Jack did win a set of Crayola sidewalk chalk for finishing first in his race. The race was supposed to be roll the plastic egg down the field with a spoon, but we had plastic spoons and they just broke. So, the new race was run your egg down the field as fast as you can. And Jack won. My little sprinter. Below are some pictures of the day that I copied off the group's website. The first two pictures you will see Jack and I getting ready for the big race that he won.



Someone got a picture of me signing in. Hopefully that is all the pictures of me. But there were many many mothers there with cameras and so far only 3 mothers have posted their pictures on the site.



There was a diaper derby for the babies. I didn't get to see this, I think I was running after Jack at the time. It looks cute though.


Huge event. I am really happy that I joined this mothers group. They are the nicest group of mothers that I have met (in person). My blog friends are the nicest group of mothers that I have met on the internets!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great avent.I wish I could have been there to see all of the little ones have a great time. Pictures are great, Dawn.