Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Preschool

Jack's old daycare provider, Mam (Pat), also has a preschool that she does with her kids everyday. She is really good and I know people who just take their kids for the 2 hours a day just for her preschool. She only charges $20/month for the preschool portion, which makes her ultra-dirt-cheap.

Anyway, I dropped Jack off there yesterday so I could go deal with the van at the dealers Jack-free. She is really good at letting me drop him off when I need to and he absolutely loves her to death. She and I have talked in the past about starting Jack in the preschool a couple times a week and she has usually been adament that they are not ready until closer to 3. Well I think Jack changed her mind yesterday. When I picked him up, she had his "papers" ready for me to see and they were studying the letter Z. She had him tell me that it was a zebra on the paper along with the letter Z. She is amazing cause I have been trying to get him to learn the letters and he just calls every letter B. She also told me that he participated in the pledge of allegience in class. I guess he put his hand on his heart and started jabbering along with the big kids saying the pledge.

So, she tells me that whenever I am ready for the preschool, he will be ready. She thinks we should wait until after summer and all the kids will be there, but he is definitely ready to start learning. My smart AND patriotic kid.

6 comments:

Carolyn said...

Brandon still calls all the letters "B" as well! I think sometimes he just doesn't do things for me or Daddy (probably because we are constantly bothering him with "What color is that?" "What letter is that?" How many do you see?" questions) but he will do them for his teachers.

Jack's Mom said...

Carolyn, that is what I thought too. They are more apt to learn from another person than their parents. That is why preschool is so important I think.

Anonymous said...

I think children always do better for another teacher other than Mom. My grandson is so smart. He is ready for pre-school this summer.

Anonymous said...

Build me a son, O Lord, who will be strong enough to know when he is weak and brave enough to face himself when he is afraid; one who will be proud and unbending in defeat but humble and gentle in victory.

Build me a son whose wishbone will not be where his backbone should be; a son who will know that to know himself is the foundation stone of knowledge.

Lead him, I pray, not in the path of ease and comfort, but under the stress and spur of difficulties and challenge. Here let him learn to stand up in the storm; here let him learn compassion for those who fail.

Build me a son whose heart will be clean, whose goal will be high; a son who will master himself before he seeks to master other men; one who will learn to laugh, yet never forget how to weep; one who will reach into the future, yet never forget the past.

And after all these things are his, add, I pray, enough of a sense of humor, so that he may always be serious, yet never take himself too seriously. Give him humility, so that he may always remember the simplicity of true greatness, the open mind of true wisdom, the meekness of true strength.

Then, I his father, will dare to whisper, “I have not lived in vain.”

Anonymous said...

My Dear son, Jim. Your comment made me cry this morning. May my grandson be just as his father. This will make any grandma and grandpa so terribly proud. Thanks, Jim, that was so beautiful.

Claire said...

I am so jealous that your lady only charges $20/month for preschool. That is insane! Around here it's at least $80/month, and that's for 2 or 3 hours twice a week.