Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Fun Idea ... Yeah Right

It started out as a good idea. A fun thing for Mama and Jack to do. But throw in NO nap (because he thinks 5 minutes of sleep in the car is enough for the day), grumpy Jack, and other misadventures and it was NOT a fun thing.

I am talking about planting the flowers in the containers we bought last night. I really thought that Jack would have fun, and I think he did, but he sure did push ALL my buttons. First off, he wanted to throw the dirt EVERYWHERE except in the pot. And this included down his shirt. I thought "okay it is just dirt, no biggie". Then he ran off down the sidewalk making me run after him and when I caught him he screamed a big fat "NOOOOOO" which I am sure all my neighbors who were home could hear.

After we get back into our own yard, he decided to go in and out of the house carrying the potted flowers. Of course he was leaving a trail of dirt and flowers wherever he went in the house. And again, I made him go back outside and again a big fat "NOOOOO".

By this time, I am just thinking to myself to get the job done as fast as possible. Who cares what the flowers look like in the pot right?

Then the boy decided to get the animals into the mix. He opened the front door and let out the dogs, which is okay because they usually stay in the yard. He also let out Sammy cat, who I do not believe has ever been in the front yard, maybe he has, but I don't think so. And he was freaking out and meowing a really weird meow. So I drop the flowers and go get the cat and throw him inside, close the door, and hope that is the last of the interruptions. But, NO, of course not.

Then the dogs see two kids walking down the street and yep, they have to go running after the person out into the street barking up a storm. It was the neighbor kids, so I talked to them for a few minutes. And Jack? Yeah, he is the sweetest little boy for them, giving them hugs and everything.

At one point, I also ran through the house and backyard in a panic because I couldn't find Jack. I just went into the garage to get the watering can and came back and he was not there. In the span of 1 minute, he got to the backyard and went to the side of the house where I couldn't see him.

So we have 2 very pretty flower pots on our front porch and the people walking and driving by admiring them have NO idea the work involved.

After all that, I set Jack up in front of the tv with a Thomas show on with an apple, cookies, and sippy cup of juice. He just better stay that way for oh say the next 5 hours! It will take that long to clean up the mess.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bless your heart! The best laid plans of moms are often knocked off kilter by even the best intentioned toddler. The no nap day is always a bad one. And as for neighbors hearing you scream? You should live near me, we would be able to scream together.

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a fun day yesterday. Isn't it amazing how a perfect day can go difficult in a matter of seconds. I can just amagine how exhausted you were last night. Give Jack a hug for his grammy.