Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Thank Goodness for Alcohol

We went to dinner with my brother and his girlfriend tonight. It was THE dinner from hell. We went with good intentions of seeing my brother and having a nice dinner and a nice talk catching up with each other. HOWEVER, the devil child also known as Jack made it absolutely horrible. I can honestly say that I have never ever ever seen him act as badly as he did tonight. EVER.

It all started with a two hour drive to the restaurant 30 miles away! Yes that is right two hours to go 30 miles. Orlando traffic is worst than LA traffic and THAT is saying alot. Oh my gah. And Jack? Yeah he was crying and screaming the whole way. Even the movie Brother Bear couldn't make him happy. So by the time we get there, he is in a very foul mood and I just knew it was going to be bad. And it was. The boy screamed, whined, squirmed, jumped, and basically acted like a demon for almost the entire meal. Tim and I could barely say anything to each other without me constantly saying "Sit Down Jack" "No Jack" "Stop that Jack" and giving him swats on the butt. I wasn't going to drink but Tim handed over his sake to me and I sure did appreciate it.

When we got back to the condo, we went to the little convenient store next door and stocked up on beer and wine coolers. Ahhh. A great ending to a very very long and turbulent day.

We did go to Chef Mickey's for brunch. If you haven't been to Chef Mickey's before, it is a buffet that is totally catered to kids where the characters come out and say hi. Jack was scared of them and pretended like they did not exist when they came to our table. He just stared straight ahead and you could see him thinking "if I don't move, maybe they will go away". We did manage to get a few pictures that I will post when I get home.

The buffet has things like peanut butter, chocolate chip, and jelly pizza, gummy worm chocolate pudding, and other assorted sugar filled foods. We let the kids eat whatever they wanted in whatever quantities they wanted. After all you only go to Disneyworld every so often right? Ummm... Big Mistake! For Jim, Laura, and myself it meant really bad stomach aches about 2 hours later. And we didn't really eat that much junk in comparison to Jack. For Jack after consuming approximately 3 lbs of sugar went on a sugar high that I have never ever seen. I mean really the kid was a blur and he turned into this super-human with strength like superman and could run just as fast as him. He was fascinated with the monorail, so we thought we would go ride it around and thought he would really enjoy that. Ummm. Nope. He thought it was cool for about 30 seconds but when he found out that we didn't let him run around on his own in the crowded monorail car or he couldn't do leaps off the bench, he decided to throw a huge temper tantrum. I am pretty sure that the childless couple sitting next to us were thanking their lucky stars that they didn't have children and after seeing Jack, probably never will. After the monorail, we could not get back to the condo fast enough. He went to sleep in the short drive and thought he would sleep it off. Think again. He woke up about 15 minutes later raring to go. And it was all downhill from there culminating in me drinking large quantities of alcohol.

Whoohoo gotta love Disney with a two-year-old. I think I grew a huge patch of gray hair in the last 12 hours.

1 comment:

-LGirl- said...

My Mother has always said Disney is not for kids!LOL! I resented that but now I am beginning to believe her!