Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Monday, June 05, 2006

My Alarm Clock Is Going Off Earlier and Earlier

Jack, aka The Alarm Clock, is waking earlier and earlier these days. It used to be, I could trust that he would sleep until 6:00 - 6:30 and on those oh-so-rare occassions until 7:00!! But the last few days have been a completely different story. He has been waking up at 5:30 and earlier and this morning it was 4:30!!! And I have been pushing his bedtime back to 8:00 - 8:30 instead of the 7:00 bedtime we used to have. Ahh those were the days.

I tried to bring him into bed with me and watch some tv while I attempted to doze for awhile, but nope that didn't work. I gave it up and got out of bed. I told him "Mama needs coffee" so then he started to say "Baby needs Tossee (coffee)". Yeah right. He needs Tossee like I need to gain another 10 pounds! The boy loves the taste of coffee and now screams/demands it every day. He is addicted to coffee at the age of two. Nice. And no, I do not give my two-year-old coffee, except for a sip here and there and that is all it took to make an addict out of my son.

Anyway, it is now 7:00 in the morning and I have already gone on my 1.5 mile daily walk, had two cups of coffee and now what? Oy it is going to be a very long day folks. And it is only FIVE HOURS until naptime!

1 comment:

RB said...

Will you walk a mile for me too, please!?