Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

24 Hours

24 hours ago, I was feeling really down and melancholy. I was getting depressed because Jim was leaving in a few days, leaving Jack and I here to fend for ourselves for who knows how long. All because we could not sell this stupid house.

24 hours ago, we rejected the only offer that we had received in 6 weeks for the house. It was way too low with a contigency to sell their house first. I was beginning to think we were never going to sell this house. You know you hear horror stories of people trying to sell their house for over a year with no success. Ugh.

Then a bright sun came out. We got a phone call from our agent last night around 6 pm saying that the couple we rejected came back with another offer! They have money! Lots and lots of cash! Enough in fact to BUY our house with CASH. By the way who has that kind of money just laying around? Can I be adopted by them?

They offered $50K LOWER than their first offer, which was way low to begin with, but all cash with a SEVEN day CLOSE! That means we have to be out of this house in seven days! OH MY GOSH!!!!

Of course we countered back raising the price and we are now waiting here on pins and needles hoping they will either accept or come back with another counter with a higher price. At this point, I am just saying whatever you want to buy the house, buy it. But, I did feel like they were taking advantage of our desperate situation and offered $50K less. People $50,000 is a lot of money to be taken out of my pocket! I am just scared that they will walk away. I don't think they will because obviously they want the house very badly, but this waiting for a phone call is tearing us up. Can our realtor just call us NOW?????

The funny part about all of this is we were talking to the builder in Mississippi about 30 minutes prior to getting the last offer. We were telling her that it is not looking good for us and we were probably going to have to lose the house. In fact, I told her to just go ahead and send us the papers to sign telling them we were backing out. She is the one who said that we still have a couple more weeks and to just wait on that. She is really nice. At the end of the conversation, she told us that she will be praying for us. Then 30 minutes later, we get the phone call from our realtor with a cash offer, seven day close! Now I just want to know, does she have a direct link with the big man upstairs or what?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dawn, The prayers will continue from a lot of us, especially from Papa and Grammy A.

Carolyn said...

Dawn, that is wonderful! I will also keep praying that they come back and accept your counter-offer (or at least go a little higher). It does sound like everything is starting to work out for you. You deserve it!!

Anonymous said...

50K is a lot of money, but small changes when compared to keeping the family together. The saying, "absents makes the heart grow fonder," sucks. It is not true.You can recover the money in time.

Anonymous said...

That is great news about the house. I hope they will come back with a counter-offer. I'll keep you in my thoughts.