Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Our Lakeway Hotel Kansas Friends are famous for a very stupid reason

I was noticing that I had a lot of hits that came from google searches of Lakeway Hotel in Meade Kansas and wondered why. After a little bit of a search, I found out that they are like famous now for a really stupid reason. Turns out they flew a rainbow flag outside their hotel. It was a flag that their son, Anthony, bought at the Dorothy museum (Wizard of Oz) and thought it was cool because it reminded him of the Over the Rainbow song.

Well, I guess that has caused a huge stir in the little town of Meade, Kansas. They do not like the pretty rainbow flag because of it's symbolism to gay pride. They have boycotted their hotel and restaurant and done everything to run them out of town, which started long before the stupid flag incident. One preacher came over and was yelling at Robin and said it was like putting a pair of panties up the flagpole. JR's response to that was "I just might do that" and the preacher threatened to arrest him. And they have cut the flag down, which in my opinion is against the law by tampering with private property.

Now for all those people who are googling my blog and don't know these people, let me just say that JR & Robing Knight are THE nicest people that I have ever had the pleasure to meet. I am proud to be among their friends. They took in my family when we had no place to live between houses and did so without any hesitation. When we were visiting them in June, they could not have been nicer to us. They were the most gracious hosts ever. And to those who are persecuting them because of some stupid flag, then all I have to say is that I pity you people. You obviously have no compassion in your tiny little hearts, especially the man who said the flag was just like a Nazi flag in a Jewish camp. Huh? You are equating the rainbow flag to the Nazi flag!!

Alright enough said. It doesn't matter what you think about gay people or gay rights, it just isn't right how these so called "Christians" are treating my very good friends.

Here is the news story.

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

It is sad to me that people have that much hatred in them. Your friends sound like wonderful folks, and I hope that things can get resolved for them.

Carolyn said...

Oh, and I noticed you have another Carolyn on here, so just wanted to say that this is Carolyn a.k.a. Brandon's Mom. :-)