Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Thursday, August 10, 2006

The Roller Coaster

The whole home selling/buying process should be called The Roller Coaster Of Your Life and one that makes you puke during and after the ride. This is not fun folks. It seems like we get our hopes up about a potential person who will buy this house from us only to get dashed and kicked in the stomach. We have held open houses for two weekends straight and also during this week, we have put out the open house sign out front to tell people to "come on in and look at our stuff and then talk amongst yourself how you don't like the view in the back yard, or the awful and sinful slope in the back." And here I thought we had a nice house, but seems people just don't like looking at other people's houses that are in the middle of a total rebuilt. It is entertainment people, don't you get it? Geesh, you have no sense of humor at all. Oh and to the couple who thought that it "would take too much work to get it to their personal standards" I say screw off to you.

Yep I am getting to be bitter can you tell? It is coming down to the wire and there is about a 99% chance that Jim will be going to MS to start his job without Jack and I. We get to stay here and listen to all the lovely comments from the people walking through our house. And we get to do this until it sells! Sound like loads of fun, eh? We are probably looking at at LEAST two months separated from Jim. Don't you envy us?

Oh and that really nice house that we put a deposit on in MS? Yep probably going to lose that also. I give that about a 99% chance also.

So to sum up. No sale on house, even after dropping price that is $130K BELOW another identical house in the neighborhood. Snooty comments from potential buyers. Jim and I separating for a few months, and not by choice. We do still like each other. And the nice house on the lake that was perfect for us? Gone. Lost. Hope the new buyers like it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We just dropped the price on the house we're selling also. Can you have your agent host the open houses? Or have another agent host? It is difficult to hear negative comments about your house, you most likely have an emotional attachment to it. If you do have to be there, I would try to keep my distance from people walking through. If you do want to look for "positive" behavior, look to see if they are measuring the rooms or saying things like "I think my sofa would fit nicely here." Any other comments just ignore. You never know, some sly buyer (if they know you are the seller) may say bad things about the house when they are there in order to beat you down on the price. It is hard not to take comments on your house personally.

Also talk to the builder of your new house, they may be willing to work something out if the market is slow there also (at least it's worth a try).

Carolyn said...

(This is the *other* Carolyn)

Dawn, I don't have any good advice but I just wanted to tell you I'm sorry things are not going better. Just try to keep the faith and know that everything will work out the way it is supposed to. If you don't get the house on the lake, there must be one out there for you that is even more perfect. I know this doesn't help when you are in the middle of it all, but it will get better...trust me!

Anonymous said...

My Dear Daughter, Dawn. When you hurt, your father and I hurt so badly also. I just know that somehow God will work this all out. I am praying for a miracle to happen. Love to all of you so much, Grammy A and Papa A.

Anonymous said...

It is SO hard, I know! Just keep the faith, it will sell and you will all be together. Hang in there!