Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Laughing and a Crying

I wanted to make an uplifting and happy post today. I was going to title it "The Circus Came to Town". Because that is what happened. We went to the circus last night to get some much needed relief from the stress of the current Jackaroo House. It was much fun and saw some cool trapeez acts. Jack loved the doggie and kitty acts and we really need to talk to those people who were actually successful in training cats, cause our cats are in serious need. I do think Laura was a bit bored and she had the look of a typical pre-teen - "oh god I just hope nobody I know sees me here". But it was a good, fun night.

Jack eating cotton candy at the circus. Was quite amusing to watch him eat the stuff and the resulting stickiness everywhere.



BUT then today happened. We had another open house today so we needed to vacate for a few hours. We went to church, then to lunch and then did a little bit of shopping. Well not so much as shopping, but looking, because there is nothing like moving across the country that will put a stop to all buying. You just think that it is something that needs to be packed and you say no to whatever.

So, there we were, in the store walking around having a good time. Then some man walks up to Jim and says "excuse me Sir" as we were walking out. At first I thought was "uh oh what did Jack swipe". But nope, it was him confessing to backing into our van!!! Yep that is right, for the SECOND time this week, we have another car damaged! People, we only have two cars!

So we go outside and see this:

The ugly dent on my poor van. She has an owie!

Do we have a bad luck streak or what? Both Jim and I have gone years and years and years with no accidents and in a span of one week, both of our cars are hit, by no fault of our own. As if we just needed the stress meter to go up another notch. I actually started to laugh when I saw the van. Cause either you laugh or cry and after everything that has happened the last couple of weeks, if I didn't laugh, I would probably start sobbing for at least 3 days straight.

I do have to give kudos to the man who came back into the store to confess hitting the van. He was a nice guy, but I just have this to say. If you are going to be driving a huge pickup truck with a 50ft bed in back, learn how to navigate the thing in parking lots, or don't drive it at all!!!!



But I end the laughing and a crying post with some cute pictures of the kiddos:
Pretty Laura, who is getting prettier and prettier everyday, even though she hates it when we tell her she is pretty.


Jack after the long day today. He kinda collapsed on the couch. Couldn't even walk the distance to his room. This is EXACTLY how I felt also.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Times get so hard at times and the hard things just seem to keep coming. It will look up for all of you in time I hope anyway. Picture of Jack is darling. Laura is getting prettier all of the time. I remember when you were her age and everything was boring with parents. ha ha