Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

August?!?

My goodness is it really August? How did that happen? Wasn't Christmas just a few weeks ago? Wow time does fly doesn't it?

I have decided not to stress (much) about the house situation (at least for today). Instead I will regale ya with stories about Jack.

When I went into his room this morning, I found him standing on his bed looking into his mirror and pretending to fly with his arms outstretched. He saw me and he yelled "I'm Flying Mama". Oy! What is next? Him trying to fly off something high, like oh the house! Boys. They are a different species I tell ya.

Yesterday, we went to the playgroup which was at the playland called Child's Play. We have been here a few times and Jack loves this place. He had a lot of fun seeing all his friends that he hasn't seen in a couple of months. And I had a lot of fun catching up with some of the other mothers. I am really going to miss this group when we move.

Jack has been expressing himself more and more these days. Which is great, seeing as about a month ago, he quit talking almost altogether. Thanks to Jane who reassured me that it was just a phase and NOT autistic behavior . After that little phase, he has pretty much started talking like all the time. Of his favorite sayings besides "NO" are "Chaaa", "oh my goodness" and "watch this" about a hundred times a day.

He is so expressive. He has the bike that has a seat which opens up and can store all kinds of goodies in. He is so funny because he will put some of his cars and trucks in the seat and ride the bike over to me. He gets up, opens his seat, and sucks his breath in while saying "Ohhhhhhhhh" like he forgot he put those cars and trucks in there only 30 seconds before. Such a funny boy.

He also loves to burp or pretend to burp and thinks it is the funniest thing in the world. He will do a pretend burp, say "excuse me" and then laugh and giggle for like 2 minutes. He cracks himself up all the time.

But the best thing is how lovable he is. He will walk up to us and give us a big hug and kiss just out of the blue. It is such a joy to know just how happy he is and how he gets so much enjoyment out of life. He gives his mother a lesson in not stressing over stupid stuff like money and houses that won't sell - at least for a few minutes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How great is my Jack? He is such a wonder. How much he as learned just since Christmas of last year. Grammy can't wait to see her little grandson.

Kelli said...

Our boys sound so similar. Especially with the "Oh my goodness", and "watch me/this" phrases, the burp/excuse me routine and the spontanious affection. What sweeties we have been blessed with.